Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Hardtop Drop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Cherokee Nation calls on Jeep to stop using its name

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    I assumed this was brought up years and an agreement was made between Jeep and Cherokee Nation. I guess not.
    The Cherokee is an ugly Jeep anyways so my suggestion would be to take them all and have a great big fire and let them all burn. It's likely due to the ugly looks of the Cherokee that has spurred on this request. When the Cherokee was cool (pre 2000) nobody was complaining that the name was there lol
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    There aren't as many Comanches left, people or Jeeps, so I guess that name is OK ... for now anyway.

We all know that native names for sports teams have come under fire in recent years. Our local minor hockey association changed its name from Redmen due to pressure. The original name simply referenced the colour of their sweaters. I've been involved in Lacrosse for most of my life (player, coach, referee, executive, etc.). I last played in a league when half of the teams had native names ... Chiefs, Braves, Arrows, Indians, Warriors, Redmen, etc. and no one cared. My team eventually became the Tomahawks FFS! I just find it kind of funny that we get a free ride.
    Last edited by PCO6; 02-22-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wrote a big long comment but had to erase it because I was afraid someone was going to get offended.. now I have offended myself...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farookismail View Post
    I wrote a big long comment but had to erase it because I was afraid someone was going to get offended.. now I have offended myself...
    And this is where I think we are all going wrong here. Nobody can say anything without someone chirping up and getting offended so everyone shuts up or jumps on the trend and gets offended by anyone who expresses their opinion.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpw View Post
    And this is where I think we are all going wrong here. Nobody can say anything without someone chirping up and getting offended so everyone shuts up or jumps on the trend and gets offended by anyone who expresses their opinion.
    absolutely agree. I think every forum should have a "offend free" topic where free speech can be voiced on any topic. But I'm sure that might be offensive to actual say what you want to say and not say what you have been pre programed to say.... The bible says we are all like sheep and there is only one thing i can say about that........ bbbbaaaaaaaa, bbbbbaaaaaaa.... lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can only view it as a compliment and find this kind of nit picking only drives a wedge into the real issues - I understand some of the names being changed - but take them all away and your permanently out of site out of mind - I don't get it - a victory is a victory I guess but what will it achieve...?