Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Rock Spyder 4x4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sky One Touch Roof Not Available in Canada

Trying to build my Wrangler Unlimited online and there is no power roof option at all in any of the trims. Does it not exist in Canada???

That Sucks.

I may get heat for this but my main reason for possibly going with a Wrangler over a Tacoma was the cool power roof.

Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Were you interested in being able to completely remove the top? I ask because apparently if you take the power top off completely it doesn't go back on correctly. Or so I'm given to understand. There are a couple of cool features for the freedom top if you are happy with a hard top setup, such as quickly pulling the front panels, best top also makes a soft top front section for the freedom top do you can also just flip it open when you want some sun with nothing to remove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no, just want the massive sunroof feeling. I need the ability to quickly open and close the top for the type of use it will see. Im in and out of vehicle constantly on construction sites all day and if I have an open top it needs to close quickly when needed.

I could swear I saw Sky One Touch on the Canadian Build Your Jeep Configure before COVID hit but now its just gone. Weird. Imma call around and see what the hell happened to it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    What year and model Wrangler are you trying to build?
    The 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara has an option for that top. However, the 2020 in the same model does not. I did not go through the multitude of different models now available for literally the same vehicle so maybe it would be available in a different submodel.
    Or it could have been scrapped from the build availability. When it was first introduced I thought it looked like a cool feature but only read bad reviews on it. And since, in my opinion, the Jeep tops have gotten worse and worse over the different model years, I wouldn't be surprised if the $4000 premium for that top became to expensive for Jeep to keep fixing them under warranty. And no doubt costing owners alot more after Jeep's bare minimum factory warranty is over.
    It does seem like a cool idea to have a retractable top like that but don't know anyone who has purchased one to get someone's long term thoughts on it.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes. You are correct ! I was building 2020. It is avail on some 2019. I hope they didn’t scrap it. Everything I’ve read about it has been positive.

I am actually guessing the opposite reason as you as to why it’s not showing as a 2020 option in Canada. I’m guessing it’s so popular they just can’t get stock here in Canada. It is avail as 2020 in USA

This top is a game changer for Jeep and will bring many more buyers, like myself, who need the speed and ease of retraction.
    Last edited by JoeyJeep; 10-10-2020 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJeep View Post
    Yes. You are correct ! I was building 2020. It is avail on some 2019. I hope they didnít scrap it. Everything Iíve read about it has been positive.

I am actually guessing the opposite reason as you as to why itís not showing as a 2020 option in Canada. Iím guessing itís so popular they just canít get stock here in Canada. It is avail as 2020 in USA

This top is a game changer for Jeep and will bring many more buyers, like myself, who need the speed and ease of retraction.
    I'd tend to agree with you. The primary jeep market is no longer that hard core off roader. The suburbanites want amenities like power convertible roofs. Heck the last thing I can think of besides a jeep without one is a mx5 and the top on that was still doable with one hand, not several minutes with 2 people like a jeep.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Sounds like you may be right... I've just been reading about user experience and they all seem to be happy with the top for now. I say for now because it is new. I'm sure a brand new Jeep with a brand new soft top would get good reviews as well.
    It was the original "insider" reviews that tested the top when it came out that made it sound so bad. They didn't like the way the track worked and worries of a slight kink on one side and what it would/could do to the top.
    Like Drizit said, most buyers aren't the same buyers Jeep use to have. Most just buy a Jeep and keep hard top on year round. I never understood the reason to buy an overpriced vehicle like that just to keep the top on full time. I would definitely have chosen a better SUV if that was my lifestyle.
    A trip to the dealer will need to be your next move and find out for sure why the top is not available. I'm curious what you find out, especially hearing these good reviews now from real Jeep owners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll call around after Thanksgiving. Will definately wait on the Sky Touch. Yea, I'm that guy who had a hard top and never took it off. Didnt suit my usage at all, but the push button will.

Guessing the power roof is partially a response to the Bronco. It will keep allot of drivers like me from looking at them if that option is not avail from Ford

On a tangent. Can anyone recommend a good 15 or 16 steel rim? Im going to swap out the stock Sahara set up with a 33" BFG on a 15 or 16. Having a hard time finding one in Canada that's decent online. I like the Procomps but really only see Gloss Black as avail online Canada.

|Requirements 15 or 16 steel w/ tire not sticking out past fenders sitting about flush and flat black no gloss

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Depending on what 15" wheel you get will depend how much grinding of caliper would be needed to fit it. Stock size is 17" I think. There may be the rare 15" wheel that may not require grinding the calipers. Just keep that in mind.
    Also, 15" and 16" tires are not available in as many sizes and options as before with most cars/SUV's and trucks are running 17"+ wheels now.
    Justjeeps.com has a pile of wheel options when I needed wheels and tires for my JKU. Not sure where in Canada you are but they are in Toronto area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Iím in the GTA. Not sure how I missed finding JustJeeps but I did. Thanks. Will give them a call. You are correct, it appears most of my options are 17 in steel. Maybe when the Broncos come out, Jeep will be forced to give us decent wheel and tire options on models besides the Rubicon.

IMO the only decent tire is on the Rubi unless you want the small mud tire offered on Willy and the only decent rims are the Rubi and steel black Sport. Would be nice if I could pick a trim other than Rubi without having to swap wheel/tires. I want the LSD. Not lockers for Snow/Winter driving. Not going off road