Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Rock Spyder 4x4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post Ford Bronco-based pickup could be coming to challenge Jeep Gladiator

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Just tried finding the last article I read which contradicts this completely with a Ford rep stating there are no plans whatsoever in making another pickup truck based on the Bronco
    I'm not convinced the Gladiator will last long enough to even think of making a competitive vehicle for the market. Not sure what sales are like but I rarely see them on the road....
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpw View Post
    Just tried finding the last article I read which contradicts this completely with a Ford rep stating there are no plans whatsoever in making another pickup truck based on the Bronco
    I'm not convinced the Gladiator will last long enough to even think of making a competitive vehicle for the market. Not sure what sales are like but I rarely see them on the road....
    They are brand new but I mean Ford already has the ranger and the f150 to cover the pickup market. Seeing as the bronco is based on the ranger platform they could make some off-road goodies for it fairly easily I suspect if they want a gladiator competitor.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    They are brand new but I mean Ford already has the ranger and the f150 to cover the pickup market. Seeing as the bronco is based on the ranger platform they could make some off-road goodies for it fairly easily I suspect if they want a gladiator competitor.
    That was my thought.... Change up the (new) Ranger and make it a hybrid of the Ranger and Bronco but I guess time determine if it's even worth it. The Bronco brand may not last long if sales are low.

Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpw View Post
    That was my thought.... Change up the (new) Ranger and make it a hybrid of the Ranger and Bronco but I guess time determine if it's even worth it. The Bronco brand may not last long if sales are low.
    I hope it does, I'd love to win the lottery and be able to afford a new one

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So it's official I guess. Ford stated they are not making a Ford Bronco pickup truck and then makes news of Ford Maverick pickup truck coming in a few years.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-for...-truck-dreams/
    Last edited by Southpw; 07-27-2020 at 10:45 AM.