Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Grote LED
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Spyder 4x4 View Post
    Do you also need a dip stick, or just the tube?
    I need both. I would like to grab 1 of those flexible dipstick tubes because itll be tough to route it up the passenger side instead of the drivers like my stock setup. Something like the pic below

Screenshot_20200117-094552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 4demud View Post
    i Believe the fluid should sit just below the gasket for the pan when not running.
    Awesome thank you
    Last edited by Boris210; 01-17-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    OF4WD #8418

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    if you have the OG dipstick tube, and dipstick just measure the stickout of the dipstick from the old tube's transmission mounting flange.

once you have that measurement make the new tube and dipstick match.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this problem is easy.

get the proper dipstick and dipstick tube, install it where it should be and work with it.

I don't believe that you can't find an xj dipstick.... now nothing is impossiable but dam its from an xj aw4

I dont like the aw4 personally had on in a cherokee I built and always seem to be laboring....IMG_1079.jpg

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farookismail View Post
    this problem is easy.

get the proper dipstick and dipstick tube, install it where it should be and work with it.

I don't believe that you can't find an xj dipstick.... now nothing is impossiable but dam its from an xj aw4

I dont like the aw4 personally had on in a cherokee I built and always seem to be laboring....IMG_1079.jpg
    Stock tube would be tough to make fit up the passenger side of the engine/firewall but I would buy the stock tube just for measurements even.

I haven't had a ton of usage on the aw4 and a340 trannys but my understanding is that they are great as long as they are kept cool as they have a tendency of overheating. That is what screwed my a340h up. Already bought an upgraded cooler for the aw4 setup.

If Supra guys are on board with them with their high hp builds I'm sure I can make mine with work my tired 150hp v6 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
    if you have the OG dipstick tube, and dipstick just measure the stickout of the dipstick from the old tube's transmission mounting flange.

once you have that measurement make the new tube and dipstick match.
    Ya maybe I suck at online parts hunting but I have been checking kijiji for 2 weeks and haven't found an xj part out that can get me the dipstick tube. I thought it would be easy finding a replacement but I cant find it used in Ontario and cant find a new one anywhere. That's why I was hoping to figure out where the level would sit when full so that i could make the measurements from there, but i agree it would be much more accurate and easy using the original equipment to measure off of.
    OF4WD #8418

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Last edited by farookismail; 01-17-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    1st site is for a pan design with no dipstick. Saw it before but that's a lot of $$ to eliminate the dipstick. Checking fluids looks like it would be a pain in the ass haha

2nd is for an engine, not transmission
    OF4WD #8418

Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    @PCO6 do you have one from one of your xjs?
    Last edited by Drizit; 01-17-2020 at 11:55 PM.

JeepCentral Sponsor adrian@4lojeeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Just so you know overfilling a tranny is just as bad as not enough. I'd go with C.C's method and measure an existing one from someone with an XJ. They are still lots around to do so.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian@4lojeeps View Post
    Just so you know overfilling a tranny is just as bad as not enough. I'd go with C.C's method and measure an existing one from someone with an XJ. They are still lots around to do so.
    Thanks for that info... I always thought overfilling was ok cuz the excess would work it's way out of the vent line. That being said, never made a habit of overfilling but didnt think there was any harm in it.

I'll keep lookin!
    OF4WD #8418