Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Grote LED
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    is cheap thrills still in milton? i know they did rims, but i think also tires. cheapest place i have found, but that was years ago. seems they have moved their operation to 593 main street in milton. check them out first.
    OF4WD #3875

Remembering our Fallen Heros

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Cheap thrills is still in Milton. Not as good of a deal as it used to be but still worth checking out. I bought a few sets of used rubber from there years ago. Only new product now as far as I know
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I've gone to Good to Go Tire in Burlington a few times and found killer deals on like new tires both times I've bought there
    OF4WD #8418

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well folks ... I relented and got a set of winter tires on winter rims (read steel rims)

Went back to the dealership and they actually had the best deal/combo, but ...
    We (me and the service co-ordinator) decided on a price for a set of Blizzak DMV2's installed on a set of 17" Jeep OEM steel rims. I gave him a call a couple of days later to confirm and go ahead. Made the appointment and away we went.

Right up until I was just about to jump into the truck and noticed that the tires were not the DMV2's, but the LT model. Went back in, spoke to the guy, "blah, blah, blah ... we couldn't get the right size after all, the LT is a better tire, we gave you a discount, blah, blah, blah". It was my bad for not getting everything in writing ... which I normally do, but failed this time because I 'trusted' the guy with the deal we made over the phone and he didn't say anything about a tire change when I dropped off the truck. Lesson learned!

So I've been running the Blizzak LT's for just over a month and been through snow, rain, slush, and cold temps. They are doing the job and I'm relatively happy. Sidewall is pretty tall which makes it forgiving over some bumps but can be bouncy in other situations.

There you have it ... Blizzak LT's seem to be good so far.
    Thanks to everyone for their input.

Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Awesome

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Great.

From the research I did before buying Blizzak's for my Civic(and research for winter's for the JKU) the reason you didn't get the DMV2's is because they are for sub compact vehicles, where the new LT tire is for large trucks and SUV's. The LT has replaced the W965 tire and they claim you will get one extra season out of the new LT tire.
    I bought the WS90 for my Civic but ended up buying different tires for the JKU as Blizzak's didn't have the size I was looking for.
    Blizzak's are #1 selling winter tire year over year for a reason

Next time you are shopping for tires, don't buy from local tire shop. My WS90 tires are $299 each at Canadian tire and $20 more at other tire shops. I bought them online for $220 and shipped free through FedEx.
    Last edited by Southpw; 02-15-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    $220 from where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    too bad you guys can't run studded tires down there.
    the blizzaks are a pretty popular tire everywhere, but i really like the nokian haakapellitta series, studded, of course.

but with that said, i think i will put blizzaks on the jeep for next year. these stock bfg at's are starting to show their mileage.
    OF4WD #3875

Remembering our Fallen Heros

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HamiltonGuy View Post
    $220 from where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PCM Tires. But another great priced shop in Mississauga is tires23. Their price includes installation and came to same price I paid in total for tires and then to have them installed on the wheels. I didn't want to drive to Mississauga though when I could get it shipped for free and go to local shop.

Quote Originally Posted by caged View Post
    too bad you guys can't run studded tires down there.
    the blizzaks are a pretty popular tire everywhere, but i really like the nokian haakapellitta series, studded, of course.

but with that said, i think i will put blizzaks on the jeep for next year. these stock bfg at's are starting to show their mileage.
    I have always been looking at these tires. I think it was the price that has always kept me away. They always are rated very high in reviews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aren’t winter tires a legal requirement in Ontario? I’m from VANCOUVER and no one uses them there.