Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Canadian Tire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Post 2020 Jeep Wrangler order guide shows 3.0L EcoDiesel is a $4K option

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The diesel option for VW was $5000 more back in 2003 so that price sounds about right.
    But $60k plus just seems ridiculous for a Jeep Wrangler if you ask me. Many better cars/SUV's out there more worthy of my $60k. I will stick to buying a 1.5 yr old Jeep for $30k like I did. They are getting so popular that prices on used ones are getting easier to find in a more affordable price range.
    Last edited by Southpw; 10-09-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I just saw a TFL video where they mentioned any JL with a diesel will also come equipped with D44's front and rear, all the day down to the Sport model. Pretty neat

(the same info was included in the article above but I guess I didn't read that fully before lol)
    His - NO | Hers - NO | Ours - 2014 JK
    OF4WD # 6788

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by True View Post
    I just saw a TFL video where they mentioned any JL with a diesel will also come equipped with D44's front and rear, all the day down to the Sport model. Pretty neat

(the same info was included in the article above but I guess I didn't read that fully before lol)
    Wonder if the diesel is too heavy for the 30 or makes too much torque?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    i don't know, but i was waiting for the diesel to come out in the wrangler. was thinking i would trade mine in, but the diesel doesn't come in the two door, and i won't buy a four door, so i guess i keep my rubi for now.

i sure do miss my vw tdi tho... if vw was still offering the diesel, i would have probably went with another, instead of the JL.
    OF4WD #3875

Remembering our Fallen Heros

JeepCentral Sponsor - Just Jeeps adrian@justjeeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpw View Post
    The diesel option for VW was $5000 more back in 2003 so that price sounds about right.
    But $60k plus just seems ridiculous for a Jeep Wrangler if you ask me. Many better cars/SUV's out there more worthy of my $60k. I will stick to buying a 1.5 yr old Jeep for $30k like I did. They are getting so popular that prices on used ones are getting easier to find in a more affordable price range.
    It will take quite awhile for that to happen likely 5+ years before they are under 30k. Used 2018's ones are only depreciating 3-5k

Quote Originally Posted by True View Post

Same as if you order a Gladiator with the max tow package. It gives you 4.10's and 44's front and rear for under 2 grand.