Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
TMR Customs
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 82 CJ7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TDK Frame finally showed up, 15 WEEKS after I ordered it. Talk about throwing off the whole build, now Im having to deal with cold weather and snow lol.
    20191113_150924.jpg

3 Days later, made some headway, frame painted in POR 15, wasnt easy with these cold temps and only a little heater in the garage. Lift installed 2 1/2", Motor and Trans back in, gotta make a new tranny mount / skid plate this week.
    20191115_192639.jpg

Neighbour came over for a few beers and cant wait to go wheelin.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    nice frame. this for a cj body? and are you stickin with steel or goin glass?
    OF4WD #3875

Remembering our Fallen Heros

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    CJ7, Fiberglass body was on the old one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Diff covers, old ones were fine all painted up but these are bulletproof. Riddler Manufacturing.
    20191119_161523.jpg

Made a new Trans crossmember / skidplate since the old one was hacked up with a torch when I got it.
    cropped.jpg checkerplate.jpg mounted.jpg
    Last edited by Schneb; 11-20-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Making some good progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All new fuel and brake lines.

lines.jpg

Tub in place.

20191123_155236.jpg

Gutting and simplifying the wiring.

20191124_100834.jpg

New front clip.

20191130_105719.jpg

Lets see...Windshield, all exterior lighting, Smittybilt 9.5k Winch, XRC seats, Console, Stereo system, JCR front bumper, JCR rear DIY bumper... and now a break for xmas.

xmas update.jpg

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    nice. she's really coming together.

looks good.
    OF4WD #3875

Remembering our Fallen Heros

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nicely done - did your glass body match up to the bumper mounts on the frame?

Also - Did you need to raise the front grill and front fenders to align correctly with the fiberglass body?

I've been toying with different ideas to mount the one I've been working on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    nicely done - did your glass body match up to the bumper mounts on the frame?

Also - Did you need to raise the front grill and front fenders to align correctly with the fiberglass body?

I've been toying with different ideas to mount the one I've been working on...
    No, only the front mounts (firewall area) and the second to back (fuel tank crossmemeber) mounts actually line up without modification. 2-3 (under the seats) need to be plated and holes drilled through the floor. Rear most have no mounting at all so you can forget those exist. Have a youtube of explaining it in a little better detail.. https://youtu.be/_fg8w1z1NGU

You will have to trim the body mounts in the plated area and remove whatever thickness the plate you put in or the grille will be jacked way up in the air... think ramp. I took the opportunity to do a 1" body lift since I had to mess around with them anyway but like I said everything needs to be trimmed and test fit or it'll end up all jacked up at the front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneb View Post
    No, only the front mounts (firewall area) and the second to back (fuel tank crossmemeber) mounts actually line up without modification. 2-3 (under the seats) need to be plated and holes drilled through the floor. Rear most have no mounting at all so you can forget those exist. Have a youtube of explaining it in a little better detail.. https://youtu.be/_fg8w1z1NGU

You will have to trim the body mounts in the plated area and remove whatever thickness the plate you put in or the grille will be jacked way up in the air... think ramp. I took the opportunity to do a 1" body lift since I had to mess around with them anyway but like I said everything needs to be trimmed and test fit or it'll end up all jacked up at the front.
    nicely done good idea for adding a step