Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
TMR Customs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

For those getting a P0443 code here's one more thing to check.

I searched but couldn't find a thread related so here it is.

Long story.
    I bought some LED headlights as the stockers really suck.
    Wanted to use the halos as the daytime running lights and not the main headlights.
    My common sense said "Pull the drl fuse, wire halos to a switched circuit and you're all good!"So I pulled the drl fuse and wired to the switched line on the ASD relay. Instant check engine light with code P0443. Researched the case and found out it could be caused by a faulty ASD relay.....crap what did I do now? Tested all the input to the relay in the fuse panel. All good so must be I pooched the relay. Buy a new one, clear the code and voila! Quick as a flash a check engine light. P0443. DAGNABBIT!

After a lot more searching I found that the DRL fuse is a combination DRL and purge motor fuse which when pulled caused the PCV voltage code. Plugged in the drl fuse, cleared the code and whodathunkit? It actually worked.
    So now I've disconnected the drl module and it's finally working as it should.

Cliffs: Check your DRL fuse in the glovebox.

Hope this speeds up someone else's troubleshooting. lol.
    Old enough to know better but dumb enough not to care.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    I pulled my drl module, it's annoying not having a high beam indicator on the dash. Gotta look at the wireing diagram for a fix.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There is a fix.

I'll look it up but I do remember reading about which wire to disconnect in order to get back high-beam indicator.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesniper View Post
    There is a fix.

I'll look it up but I do remember reading about which wire to disconnect in order to get back high-beam indicator.
    Nice, I'd love to know that as I gave my drl module away and would hate to buy a new one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Here's what I found. Cut/disconnect the ignition switch output wire at the DRL module plug (pink with the light green stripe 2005 TJ Rubicon).
    I'm going to see if the colours match my 2000. If not I'll figure it out and post the difference and the pin number.
    Once done you can plug in the drl module and have high-beams again without drls.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just checked.

It was a pink wire with a green strip. As you are looking at the connector it will be the upper left pin.
    I cut mine, plugged in the drl, took it for a drive. High-beam indicator works and no daytime running lights

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    Nice, I'd love to know that as I gave my drl module away and would hate to buy a new one.
    Just noticed you don't have the module anymore.
    The fix I found requires the drl module. I'll see if I can find a solution without one.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiesniper View Post
    Just noticed you don't have the module anymore.
    The fix I found requires the drl module. I'll see if I can find a solution without one.
    Cool ty, there's got to be something as the Americans don't have drls and there's to way chrysler would pay to install the module on all the US jeeps when they arn't required to