Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Canadian Tire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2016 Cherokee transmission issues

I've had transmission issues as soon as I drove off the lot when I purchased this vehicle new in Feb. 2017.
    When I accelerate from approx. 75kmh to 100kmh and let off I get a very rough shifting upon deceleration. It seems to "bobble" through multiple gears and has very abrupt hesitations during deceleration. Also, sporratically when I accelerate from a stop to get to highway speeds I will notice a steady jerking that continues through all gear shifts that does not correspond to each individual gear. Also, when coasting down a hill I will often notice the same "bobbling" and erratic gear shifting.
    Has anyone ever heard of this before. I've tried to go to dealerships and they keep saying that they can't reproduce the problem. My response is always the same... " you can't reproduce this in a 5 min raod test, you need to drive it for a day or so"
    I'm frustrated and unsure what to do. My warranty is about to run out and I still haven't gotten it fixed.
    Please any info is helpful.

Thank you.

JeepCentral Supporter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Is it a 8 speed transmission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, no. It's a 9 speed.

JeepCentral Supporter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I asked a guy at the gas station about his Chevy Colorado because a friend of mine was looking at them. They have a 8 speed transmission. He said on the highway it was always searching for the right gear. He didnít like that part. I wonder if itís similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Drop it at the dealer, ask for the trans tech or service manager to drive it home for the night.
    9 speed trans had a lot of problems, yes.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    My work van a small promaster has a 9speed trans so it's probably the same one. It was in three or or four times for similar issues which didnt resolve anything. Finally the dealer said they were going to replace it and were waiting for approval from Chrysler. It sat in the lot for five weeks. We lease hundreds of vehicles a year from Chrysler and ultimately it took our national fleet manager to fire off an email saying all further deliveries are put on hold until the vehicle was fixed. Tranny was ordered next day and had it back within a week. It's been running great since.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    09 JKU Rubicon -- RK 3.5 -- 37" Toyo MT

OF4WD # 6644