Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Just Jeeps
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Member Gummiente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Seeley's Bay, ON
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the replies. "Penguin" was Krown undercoated this past Monday and is doing well!

  2. #22
    Moderator Southpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,158
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Mine was done at Krown last week.

    Do you have CAA? If so, they are doing a promo with CAA now. If the krown shop swipes your CAA card, you will get mail next spring/summer for a minimum $25 off your next application and giving away more money on top of that. This year someone came in and scratched $2500 at the Cambridge location.
    Spring is the best time for undercoating but I will wait for the discount and get it done in July next year.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

  3. #23
    Member Gummiente's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Seeley's Bay, ON
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpw View Post
    Mine was done at Krown last week.

    Do you have CAA?
    Yes, have had that discount the last 4yrs.

  4. #24
    Active Member PCO6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    709
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
    Yes, have had that discount the last 4yrs.
    Same here and it applies to products you purchase too. Another neat thing is that the shop I go to in Newmarket gave me a hand full of the rubber plugs they use. It there are particular spots I'd like them to get to, I can just drill 3/8" holes, install the plugs and they'll spray them when I come in. Also, if I remove pieces from the car (fender liners, threshold plates, trim items, etc.) they're happy to give those areas an extra "shot".

  5. #25
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, why are some people saying spring or summer is a good time to Krown?

    I always thought the best time was now-ish, just before the first freeze/snow fall!

  6. #26
    Moderator Southpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,158
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeech1980 View Post
    Guys, why are some people saying spring or summer is a good time to Krown?

    I always thought the best time was now-ish, just before the first freeze/snow fall!
    Spring is the best time because you get more rust during the really wet season when there is lots of moisture and condensation. That's the time that you want it fully covered in oil.
    In the winter, even though it's cold and snowy, the air is not as moist and most of the snow sticks to your vehicle but doesn't seep into the cracks and crevices.
    I always thought the same as you until a Krown guy told me this. It now makes sense.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

  7. #27
    Ultimate Poster Boris210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    1,865
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpw View Post
    Spring is the best time because you get more rust during the really wet season when there is lots of moisture and condensation. That's the time that you want it fully covered in oil.
    In the winter, even though it's cold and snowy, the air is not as moist and most of the snow sticks to your vehicle but doesn't seep into the cracks and crevices.
    I always thought the same as you until a Krown guy told me this. It now makes sense.
    Then why do cars from BC (with no salt on the roads and a wet season for a good chunk of the year) rust less than Ontario cars? I feel like your Krown guy is looking to increase his spring season sales haha
    OF4WD #8418

  8. #28
    Content Team Drizit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    10,823
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    I was always told spring as well. The idea being the warmer weather helps the oil creep more.

  9. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    I was always told spring as well. The idea being the warmer weather helps the oil creep more.
    I thought it was the salt that causes the problem, not moisture - which is around all year round!

  10. #30
    Moderator Southpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,158
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Well now I just don't know.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •