Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Just Jeeps
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the replies. "Penguin" was Krown undercoated this past Monday and is doing well!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Mine was done at Krown last week.

Do you have CAA? If so, they are doing a promo with CAA now. If the krown shop swipes your CAA card, you will get mail next spring/summer for a minimum $25 off your next application and giving away more money on top of that. This year someone came in and scratched $2500 at the Cambridge location.
    Spring is the best time for undercoating but I will wait for the discount and get it done in July next year.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (Cecilia) -Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpw View Post
    Mine was done at Krown last week.

Do you have CAA?
    Yes, have had that discount the last 4yrs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummiente View Post
    Yes, have had that discount the last 4yrs.
    Same here and it applies to products you purchase too. Another neat thing is that the shop I go to in Newmarket gave me a hand full of the rubber plugs they use. It there are particular spots I'd like them to get to, I can just drill 3/8" holes, install the plugs and they'll spray them when I come in. Also, if I remove pieces from the car (fender liners, threshold plates, trim items, etc.) they're happy to give those areas an extra "shot".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, why are some people saying spring or summer is a good time to Krown?

I always thought the best time was now-ish, just before the first freeze/snow fall!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeech1980 View Post
    Guys, why are some people saying spring or summer is a good time to Krown?

I always thought the best time was now-ish, just before the first freeze/snow fall!
    Spring is the best time because you get more rust during the really wet season when there is lots of moisture and condensation. That's the time that you want it fully covered in oil.
    In the winter, even though it's cold and snowy, the air is not as moist and most of the snow sticks to your vehicle but doesn't seep into the cracks and crevices.
    I always thought the same as you until a Krown guy told me this. It now makes sense.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpw View Post
    Spring is the best time because you get more rust during the really wet season when there is lots of moisture and condensation. That's the time that you want it fully covered in oil.
    In the winter, even though it's cold and snowy, the air is not as moist and most of the snow sticks to your vehicle but doesn't seep into the cracks and crevices.
    I always thought the same as you until a Krown guy told me this. It now makes sense.
    Then why do cars from BC (with no salt on the roads and a wet season for a good chunk of the year) rust less than Ontario cars? I feel like your Krown guy is looking to increase his spring season sales haha
    OF4WD #8418

Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    I was always told spring as well. The idea being the warmer weather helps the oil creep more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    I was always told spring as well. The idea being the warmer weather helps the oil creep more.
    I thought it was the salt that causes the problem, not moisture - which is around all year round!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Well now I just don't know.