Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Grote LED
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Ya sorry I should have added: don't bottom it out and go slow.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Well shit. Installed the new master and started celebrating too early. Fluid started coming out the rear brake at a good pace. After a minute or two of running the pneumatic bleeder I noticed it was taking fluid, but more so spurting than any really stream. Tried the Gatorade bottle with fluid. I'd see air bubbles in the fluid in the Gatorade bottle and the fluid drops in the reservoir, but no solid stream and the clear tubing never fills up into the Gatorade bottle.

Tried pumping and cracking the bleeder. Same thing, reservoir level drops, fluid comes out, no solid stream.

Checked all the fittings and connections, they're dry (no visible leaks)

What do I do lol
    OF4WD #8418

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Burn it with fire and buy a jeep again

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    remove rad cap... throw away 'Yota… replace with Comanche

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    remove rad cap... throw away 'Yota… replace with Comanche
    This

Heck you can even use the Toyota axles, stu' s Comanche needs to be made 4x4 anyway

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If this thing goes to the dump its gonna be from rolling it down 1 of the timbers on may 24 weekend, after running out of time to build a cage. Not from trouble bleeding the brakes lol
    OF4WD #8418

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It takes a while to fill dry lines, and if you have them run properly there’s not a lot you can do without a pressure bleeder. As I’ve said before I have pushed fluid from the bleeder to the master before and it worked, have you tried this? It would be pretty easy with a regular bottle with a nipple screwed to the top and a hose going to the bleeder, needs to fit tight but it will work. I think it’s worth a try at this point.
    -make sure all the bleeders are closed and master cap is off
    -get a bottle full of brake fluid with a hose attached to the top
    -crack the bleeder and attach the hose
    -hold the bottle above the bleeder and apply light pressure
    -have someone watch at the master and they should see bubbles, apply pressure until the bubbles stop
    -once no more bubbles close the bleeder and proceed to the next bleeder
    -once all 4 are bled in this manner, perform a regular pressure bleed

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I will try this next, thank you for the tip.

I also noticed fluid on the brake booster under the master that looks fresh. Could brake fluid get stuck in the booster from the old master, and leak out after the new one has been installed? Trying to use my imagination on how thats possible, but I dont see if happening. I dont know whether I should pull the new master and make sure that rear seal is good. Might clean up the booster and see if I notice the leak there after pumping the brake.
    OF4WD #8418

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    If there was fluid there from the old master it would still be on that old master. If there’s fluid there that you didn’t see before, it’s either from spieling, or the new master seal is bad/missing

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Good news and bad news... decided to muck around with this after getting home from work just now cuz it's been bugging me too much to leave it alone. I cleaned up the fluid from the booster, so that I could see if new fluid appeared. Then I started bleeding and actually managed to bleed all 4 corners with the most basic method (pump, then crack bleeder while holding brake down). So I officially have bled my brakes! Only took a week lol

Bad news is that the master is leaking for sure so that will have to come off tomorrow. Install is pretty straight forward on this thing; is there anything I could have done to cause this to leak? Or is it likely a defect from the factory?

20190324_033530.jpg
    Last edited by Boris210; 03-24-2019 at 03:52 AM.
    OF4WD #8418