Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Rock Spyder 4x4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    So Miles didn't elaborate on fb, but seems this went much worse than expected, did we lose the whole trail or just waht was in jeopardy?

JeepCentral Sponsor - Just Jeeps adrian@justjeeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Update: QEII Park, Minden Information Meeting, March 13 2019

As of right now the Minden Hydro Line Trail/Scotch Line Trail is closed to recreational motorized traffic west of the Anson South/Outhouse junction for the 2019 season.

Last night’s information session in Minden was an opportunity to ask questions and hopefully get some answers, unfortunately a majority which were left unanswered by the park superintendent and the representatives from Minden council.

We all went in there with little to no information due to lack of being provided such and lack of notice for the information session itself. I feel we did a good job along with a majority of our fellow user groups who showed a strong and united front.

This isn’t the end and we as an organization will continue to argue our case. We already have plan in play to meet with MPPs and with COHV, KATVA, HATVA on board to make formal request for changes via ministry re hydro line trail.

-AC

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adrian@justjeeps View Post
    ... representatives from Minden council.
    Is the local Council supporting the closure? I would think that it and the business community would be making an economic case in favour of keeping it open.

JeepCentral Sponsor - Just Jeeps adrian@justjeeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PCO6 View Post
    Is the local Council supporting the closure? I would think that it and the business community would be making an economic case in favour of keeping it open.
    It seems that hey were just as blindsided as we were about the final decision being made. That being said this was part of my statement that I made last evening to the attendee's and hosts.

"As a business we employ 12 full time staff members that depend on the off-road community not only in Ontario but in Canada as well.

Every year we attend many off-road events in the Minden area. Our yearly budget for operating expenses to attend these events typically averages $7500-$10,000 per off-road season. This amount of money is based solely off our expenses which are incurred through fuel, lodging and food, all things which we purchase locally from the Minden area. It’s likely hard to have a regular individual add up their total costs but due to having to produce these costs to my owner I can tell you I have personally spent over $75,000 in your community over the last 10 years.

Another big part of what we do is support the OF4WD through yearly sponsorship. Every year for as long as I have worked for Just Jeeps we have provided them with over $5000 worth of product per year to raffle off to generate money for the organization and Camp NL. Camp NL is their flagship event hosted at Rays Place formally South Wind Motel and Campground in August where over 300 off-road vehicles attend for a weekend of camping and off-road activities. This charity event has donated over $75,000 to the Haliburton Health Services."