Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Canadian Tire
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    m1.jpg

we have a new windshield frame and in the process of fitting the new frame to the old doors, hard top and, hinges all to the fiber glass tub....hmmm - it's going fairly well but having trouble with the drivers door - it's in pretty rough condition and not sealing well around the hard top once it is in place.

m3.jpg

The strikers below started as OEM but wasn't too happy with trying to fit them to the fiber glass tub. Seamed it would be a little flimsy considering the weight of the factory steel doors. The striker assembly was disassembled and fitted to new fabricated mounts that would fit behind the fiberglass interior wall. This was all re-enforced with a few more layers of fresh fiber glass - new covers will be formed to clean this are up. Will post pics later of the hidden brackets as they are currently on a damage phone...lol

m2.jpg

Also ordered a new OEM radiator for a cool $700.00 only to have it cancelled a few days later - getting Jeep parts is like pulling teeth with tweezers, should be a law against advertising parts for sale that don't exist..lol I can now totally understand all the creative fab work I've seen on this sight for old Jeeps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    Also ordered a new OEM radiator for a cool $700.00 only to have it cancelled a few days later - getting Jeep parts is like pulling teeth with tweezers, should be a law against advertising parts for sale that don't exist..lol I can now totally understand all the creative fab work I've seen on this sight for old Jeeps.
    Usually a hell of a lot cheaper as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schneb View Post
    Usually a hell of a lot cheaper as well
    yes I don't mind fabing up stuff for myself and very careful when doing it for others (that's not usually cheaper for them...lol) have an aftermarket radiator coming but not much cheaper than OEM

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Did you have a old jeep rad? or no rad at all?
    Is the tub the same measurements from side to side my fiberglass tub is 1/4" out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4demud View Post
    Did you have a old jeep rad? or no rad at all?
    Is the tub the same measurements from side to side my fiberglass tub is 1/4" out.
    I have an old rad and it leaks from the lower hose nipple (cracked) - the rad is in not too bad of condition and if it was my jeep I would just deal with it and live with it. That area of the radiator is a bit beat-up. I guess my whole point is the cost and availability of jeep parts - it is all new to me...lol. Just trying to save some time and maybe money with OEM parts. Pretty tough to fab up a radiator..lol - In the old days (might be aging myself a little here) Radiators where repaired or cores where exchanged - clutches and brake cores where refurbished...lol - hoping the new aftermarket rad will not need too much fab work. My supplier went thru great lengths to try and match up measurements (I was a little taken back) I haven't really checked the fiberglass tub measurements but I will. Just assumed it would be a pain in the arse. I will get more pics - but I noticed the left front corner of the new windshield frame once trimmed abit will help the door seal a bit better and maybe make up the difference. The door - we have - itself has a pretty flimsy window frame. If it went together easy everyone would be doing it....lol This is an awesome site with some really impressive fabrication....!

Still looking for some nice CJ7 doors....

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I have an old rad and it leaks from the lower hose nipple (cracked) - the rad is in not too bad of condition and if it was my jeep I would just deal with it and live with it. That area of the radiator is a bit beat-up. I guess my whole point is the cost and availability of jeep parts - it is all new to me...lol. Just trying to save some time and maybe money with OEM parts. Pretty tough to fab up a radiator..lol - In the old days (might be aging myself a little here) Radiators where repaired or cores where exchanged - clutches and brake cores where refurbished...lol - hoping the new aftermarket rad will not need too much fab work. My supplier went thru great lengths to try and match up measurements (I was a little taken back) I haven't really checked the fiberglass tub measurements but I will. Just assumed it would be a pain in the arse. I will get more pics - but I noticed the left front corner of the new windshield frame once trimmed abit will help the door seal a bit better and maybe make up the difference. The door - we have - itself has a pretty flimsy window frame. If it went together easy everyone would be doing it....lol This is an awesome site with some really impressive fabrication....!

Still looking for some nice CJ7 doors....
    Well if all else fails I know a good rad shop in Kitchener that repairs and can make rads. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The cj is being disassembled and prepped for paint and we finally have everything together to get her running and she runs beautiful with the Holley Throttle Body. So happy this engine sounds great and with the header it's a little intimidating....one less thing to be concerned about. Will follow up with more updates soon with what's been going on to this point.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DxpvE3cduE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the radiator we ended up with. It is a bit of a different setup form the factory rad with the tanks at the side making it seem a little more compact. It's from Spectra if anyone is interested in one I can pass along the info...

rad.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Holley Sniper EFI was fairly simple to install and tune's itself - this piece will eventually make its way into the cab for self tuning...

efi 1.jpg

The ecu is built into the throttle body and is an excellent replacement for the old 2 barrel carburetor. It basically just wires up to power, a temp sensor, an O2 sensor, and a tach. It can also be paired with a distributer upgrade for more tuning options - but we opted to keep it simple.

efi2.jpg

A bung was welded into the Headman Header to accept the O2 sensor - it also comes with an alternative way to mount the O2 sensor if welding is not an option

efi 3.jpg

edit: one other note when we first started the jeep the battery was dead and we boosted it - it ran but rough - we then shut it down and charged the battery to full charge and second time around it ran perfect as you could see in the video above,,,
    Last edited by hammerhead; 06-19-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Very nice, that is a great upgrade. I like they kept it so simple.