Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Just Jeeps
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    You don't think it will crack the second time?
    we won't be removing it again so I think it should be alright - the fasteners will be paint as well - I wanted to get paint on all the fiberglass including under the armour - that's why we did it this way - it's kind of a utilitarian look and wont look out of place for a Jeep - looking forward to seeing the final result...just completed the primer about a hour ago and now Mitch is going to learn real patience sanding around all the fasteners...lol there's also green top coat on the back of the armour
    Last edited by hammerhead; 09-29-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    jeepgreen.jpg

jeeepgreen1.jpg

jeepgreen2.jpg

jeepgreen3.jpg

jeepgreen4.jpg

Most of all the big stuff has been painted over thanks giving weekend - all that we could comfortably fit in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...this saturday reassembly will begin and hopefully for the last time...lol - the colour looks good. It's one of my favorite colours and I'm looking forward to seeing it in daylight. The colour was called Brewster Green in 1973 for the Pontiac Trans Am - Gm now calls it midnight green on all other models. I've noticed this colour making a comeback on many new cars. Porches actually calls it Brewster Green and offers it on it's new models I think beginning around 2018. Audi has a similar colour but a different name- I actually wanted to use the Porsche version or Audi version because it has metallic but could not get their mixes in solvent base paint... a lot of back and fourth went into colour choice. It was not my original plan but in hindsite it was probably a blessing in disguise mainly do to how the body armour is fastened

jeepgreen5.jpg

we've also ordered oem suspension kit from Just Jeeps and looking forward to having this one ready by spring theres still a lot to do but with most of the paint work done now it should be roadworthy by spring...
    Last edited by hammerhead; 10-14-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    That's looking really shinny

It's kind of hard to tell looking at the pictures on my phone but it reminds me of the dark metallic green jeep offered in 2010 on the JK. Can't remember the name unfortunately.
    Last edited by Drizit; 10-14-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that's probably close and maybe really close without the metallic which tends to lighten a colour - The Brewster Green almost looks black a low light and pops a bit in brighter sun light - its a good colour forthis jeep considering all the movement with the body armour - I dont know the Jeep colour name either...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That is looking great, hard work is paying off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4demud View Post
    That is looking great, hard work is paying off.
    thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    jeep57272B00-F37F-4C7F-B2F3-E85928A2724A.JPG

It's starting to come together - the instrument panel - roll bar - and some interior wood panel (still needs to be made) will be painted a separate colour. Colour still not determined but it will a lighter maybe off white or almond type shade (techically it will be a tint...lol) a little colour humor to brighten everyone's gloomy fall Monday