Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Just Jeeps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JK Lean

Super Poster
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

JK Lean

Yes itís getting to me. I know the road leans that way also,but. I was going to get a new lift this year but as it turns out itís not in the cards. So someone suggested I email Rubicon Express about it. Well, surprisingly the person dealing with warranty issues etc,offered to send me a 3.5inch rear spring for my 2.5 inch lift to compensate for the sag. I said sure, Iíll try it. Got my package a couple of weeks later and this is what I got. The shipper may have thought he meant a pair. I wonít complain. So I have the 2.5 inch suspension lift in the back with a 1 inch puck as well. I thought I would do that because we were towing and I kinda like a rake. I also have the aev rear tire carrier as well. I have heard you could add a puck for that too. My front passenger was about a inch lower than the driver side and my rear passenger is 2 inches lower. I was thinking of installing the new rear coil springs and adding a 1 inch puck to the front and rear passenger side. What do yíall think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Start with just the one rear coil and see what happens. Chances are it will move both ends quite a bit. I suspect going 1" longer on a brand new spring with an old spring across from it may be an overcompensation but who knows. If it is you can pull the Puck and keep it for later when this spring starts to sag.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I pucked my Teraflex right rear from nearly day one, barely levels it, full tank - nope. Annoying... It's like when you do a home reno, and there is that one tiny little thing you didn't get right that no one else will ever notice, but when you walk into the room, that's all you see. That's the JK lean to me, looks like it will be a JL thing too.

Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Unless the aftermarket smatens up and realists they need two different spring rates for the rear on the JL. You never know, it could happen.

Super Poster
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    Unless the aftermarket smatens up and realists they need two different spring rates for the rear on the JL. You never know, it could happen.
    You think they would. A little higher spring on the passenger side. Yes I may just start with the passenger rear. Iím going to try something. Iíll let you know.

Super Poster
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

JK Lean

Got those rear springs installed. Found a little surprise. this is the passenger rear spring. Was switched left side to the right and vice versa in February. So this happened between February and now.
    Last edited by xkid; 07-09-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Well there's your problem right there.

Super Poster
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well it was leaning before it broke. Installed those springs and itís only a 1/2 inch lower on the passenger rear side. Also, looks like I have a axel seal leaking up front. What kind are you guys using?

Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    I suspect it was getting weak in that spot long before it broke.

I last time I used crown seals I think. Most of the usual suspects will have em in stock likely.

By the way, if you are planning on doing that job yourself, just be aware it's not a small job.

Super Poster
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Got it. Lots to take apart.