Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Rock Spyder 4x4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2016 rubicon unlimited input shaft seal issues!!!!!PLEASE HELP

Hi all I am having a huge issue with my input shaft seal on my t-case!!! Iíve been through 3 seals in the last 2 months! Iíve been told by the dealer that there are no burrs on the shaft and they told me must be faulty part from the manufacture? 3 seals are faulty from the manufacture????? Are you joking lol. Anyways I am wondering if anyone has any onsite on what might causing this issue for me???? Any ideas would help. This is getting frustrating already. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Just because there are no burs doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the shaft. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    3 times in 2 months. Even the dealership should be wondering. Itís costing them money too.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    -the shaft could be damaged/bent
    -the bearing behind the seal is bad

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    To be honest after the second seal they shoulda put a new t/case in it. Itís very rare for those seals to fail, itís either a case issue, a shaft issue, or a bearing issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it going in again this Friday and I guess we will see what excuse they come up with this time but thanks for the input guys

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Any word yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well no real answer yet the guy phoned me at 10:30 am to tell me that they had no idea why the seal is leaking ? Lol so what he said was is it ok if you leave it here for the weekend so we can pull the t-case and open her up so we can see what is going on???? And I said ďso your telling me you guys didnít do that the last 2 times????Ē He said I canít speak for anyone else. So anyways I said keep the ****ing thing till itís fixed and doesnít leak anymore. So we will see either tomorrow or Monday I guess.

Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    I can understand his point about not being able to say what other techs have done. I get in that situation all the time in IT as well. People like to tell me how they always have problems with a printer and I should just replace it, but I have no history or context of what someone else did or didn't do. It's also reasonable in my book to do the job the easy way twice. Doa parts happen, however if you have the same problem 3 times it's probably not a doa part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But the work is being done in the same garage at the same dealership! Shouldnít the work being done be documented on what was done????