Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Rock Spyder 4x4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Looking good and yeah it's hard to find the right guy for the job. I was in the same situation when we bought our house. Now I have a shop and a few years later the pool. This year the drive though door is going in. But that's 9 years in the making. Just be patience it all takes time. Unless you have unlimited funds. Lol

One thing I will say is, just think ahead to what your end goal is. That way you don't have to take any steps backwards. Like pumping and hrydo. I made sure there was room for the drive through door when it was built, as well as everything small, like a land line phone line, too a hard wired internet line run out to the shop all underground while it was all dug up. Also enough power to run everything you want to run.

I even, before they started building the shop put stakes in the ground and tried driving vehicles in and out with different sizes of "marked off" garage doors with string. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DWG; 09-14-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    That's going to be a great shop. I can't wait to come drink beer in it
    beer.... i'm in!
    I used to be indecisive, now i'm not sure.....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    that's gonna be a nice shop for sure. can't wait to see how you set everything up inside.
    OF4WD #3875

a few jeeps and one willys

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Looking awesome

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Adrian, when you need your hoist, let me know. Shaun's company (aka him) installs them. He can probably get you a deal on a new one (challenger, apache, snap on) or if you want used, we have some 2 and 4 posts in our shop.
    BECAUSE JEEP

OF4WD #8014

There is always room for another Jeep in the driveway

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Man that's going to be nice
    His - NO | Hers - NO | Ours - 04 WJ - 2014 JK
    OF4WD # 6788

JeepCentral Sponsor adrian@justjeeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWG View Post
    Looking good and yeah it's hard to find the right guy for the job. I was in the same situation when we bought our house. Now I have a shop and a few years later the pool. This year the drive though door is going in. But that's 9 years in the making. Just be patience it all takes time. Unless you have unlimited funds. Lol

One thing I will say just think ahead to what your end goal is so you don't have to take any steps backwards. Like pumping and hrydo. I made sure there was room for the drive through door when it was built as well as everything small, like a land line phone line, to a a hard wire internet line run out to the shop. Underground while it was all dug up. As well as you already done enough power to run everything you want to run. I even, before they started building the shop put stakes in the ground and tried driving vehicles in and out with different sizes of "marked off" garage doors with string. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Ya so hard to think of everything. I originally planned on in floor radient heating then couldnt decide where to put the hoist so gave up on that idea. Going overhead to avoid the issues.

Also if you notice the 3 grey tubes coming up through the edge of the slab they are for 1.Hydro Main Feed, 2.Data and Cable and 3.Switching from the house. Number 3 was a big one, if I forget to turn the lights off inside I will be able to do so from in the house without having to walk back out to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckgirl View Post
    Adrian, when you need your hoist, let me know. Shaun's company (aka him) installs them. He can probably get you a deal on a new one (challenger, apache, snap on) or if you want used, we have some 2 and 4 posts in our shop.
    Read my mind. I grabbed his card when we wheeled together last year but have since misplaced it. Was going to make a post here to see who it was again...lol. Please PM me your contact info.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Going to be an impressive shop when it's done.

JeepCentral Sponsor adrian@justjeeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Well pad is poured and we have hit our first issue. Truss company facked up and screwed up the order ie they didn't build them :-( They found the order in the system but never processed it. Framing and trusses wont start till the first week in October now. That being said the pad is a thing of beauty, smooth as a babies bottom, no relief cuts required due to concrete quality and engineering and all entrances/exits have a 1/4 slope away from openings for run off.

032.jpg033.jpg034.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looking good! Make sure someone reviews the truss drawings so they are built to the right length. It really sucks when trusses show up 6" too short.

All this garage talk has finally got my but in gear to get drawing up my garage build.

With your height (awesome) the garage must be offset from the property line considerably?