Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
JWM4x4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Royal Purple Syncromax for T-case…

So I`ve used Royal Purple gear oil for my diffs, Syncromax for my manual trans. Wasn`t going to hesitate to use it for the transfer case, read a few forums about it. Got quite the mixed reviews, though the peeps that were negative had not even used it. Lol. Anyone have any first hand experience with using this. Probly gonna do it anyway. Lol.

JeepCentral Sponsor adrian@justjeeps's Avatar
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Every diff failure I have ever seen had RP in it, every notchy manual transmission I have ever driven had RP in it. I lost a high revving 4cyl to their stuff with under 1000km where it looked like it had separated as part was thin as water and the other part was scooped out like ice cream.

Personally I run the recommended Mopar fluids or equivalent primarily non-synthetic, 15+ years never had an issue in the Jeep. If you wheel the Jeep I dont see a benefit to synthetics as the fluids get changed out far before the service life of either kind of fluid. I do run RP's power steering fluid only because its the easiest one to get in Canada and is warranty approved by PSC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well thanks for the input, but in the words of Senca Coffee 'Cool Runnings' "Ooh,TOO LATE!!!" Lol.

Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Was running it in my 3.8L JK, trans was notchy, tcase was fine, motor died a painful death at around 60k. 2 cracked heads, 2 bad pistons, scored block... Maby it took in some water, maby it didn't, I don't know for sure. But it started using more oil than gas several weeks after its last wheeling trip. (as in 5L per tank) it stopped getting RP.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I had opposite results. Ran it in my transmission and transfer case for 2 years and loved it. Would not hesitate to use it again. I avoided it in my diffs as I was changing diff fluid all the time in case I got water in it
    Restoring a 1952 M38

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ya I went ahead and used it, seems fine so far. Only time will tell, thanks for the reply.