Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube Instagram
Register
Trail Head Customs
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    they have the Keeper 10,500 LB winch on sale now for 399
    OF4WD Member-7534
    '99 XJ- Retired
    '97 TJ- Sold
    '89 Camaro RS- New Hotness

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    4wheelparts has Shittybuilt 9000 lb winches on for $359. I mean if we are going for Chinese, I'm not picky about which kind.

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hustler View Post
    4wheelparts has Shittybuilt 9000 lb winches on for $359. I mean if we are going for Chinese, I'm not picky about which kind.
    Dont hate... I'm running the Superwinch LP8500 and havent had a single problem with it. Moose aswell, and Dobzy are both running SW too. No issues as of yet
    OF4WD Member-7534
    '99 XJ- Retired
    '97 TJ- Sold

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Hey, I have Smittybuilt so there's no hate. For the number of time I winch I couldn't justify the cost of a decent Warn model so I went cheap.

To me there's Warn (costs more but works better) or not Warn (everything else, which in my experience works equally mostly usually well). Outside of that brand seems to be irrelevant.

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Hey, I have Smittybuilt so there's no hate. For the number of time I winch I couldn't justify the cost of a decent Warn model so I went cheap.

To me there's Warn (costs more but works better) or not Warn (everything else, which in my experience works equally mostly usually well). Outside of that brand seems to be irrelevant.
    True. I'm in the same boat. I dont use it often, but it works well when I do need it. Like when I pulled @Canada out of the mud last week LMAO
    OF4WD Member-7534
    '99 XJ- Retired
    '97 TJ- Sold

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    I'd be inclined to go superwinch or titan when going Chinese. I know lot's of guys with a Superwinch of some sort and i've never seen one with an issue. Titan has the option of great service from Duncan locally as well which is nice to have. That and who know's if Keeper will be around long enough to support the warranty.

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizit View Post
    I'd be inclined to go superwinch or titan when going Chinese. I know lot's of guys with a Superwinch of some sort and i've never seen one with an issue. Titan has the option of great service from Duncan locally as well which is nice to have. That and who know's if Keeper will be around long enough to support the warranty.
    This. I may look into the warranty a little more with super winch. after pulling Canada out, my winch is making a kind of grinding noise, which it never did. makes me somewhat nervous. Goes away when there's tension on the line though.... I still have the receipt, so maybe i'll go talk to the place i got it and see what the wanna do
    OF4WD Member-7534
    '99 XJ- Retired
    '97 TJ- Sold

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The "No Questions Asked" warranty at 4wp was an extra $36, and you get complete coverage for 3 years. I figure I will have to take it back at least once in that time.

C'est la vie with the cheapies.

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    The "No Questions Asked" warranty at 4wp was an extra $36, and you get complete coverage for 3 years. I figure I will have to take it back at least once in that time.

C'est la vie with the cheapies.
    ever used that warranty? I've found most no questions asked warranties involve a lot of questions when you try to claim on em. Heard that a few times about BDS... and they print it all over the box.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I haven't, but my understanding is that it depends who you have at the counter.

Additionally, every time I purchase an extended warranty I end up with a flawless product. So, perhaps voodoo will keep this thing working.